Alicia Shelton represents individuals and corporations in complex civil disputes, class action litigation, and white collar criminal defense.
She also represents lawyers and law firms in legal malpractice claims and professional liability issues.
Alicia’s practice focuses on representing companies, executives, and individuals in issues related to the False Claims Act, federal health care fraud statutes, and the federal anti-kickback statute. She also has represented clients in commercial civil litigation matters, shareholder class actions, government investigations, legal malpractice claims, and regulatory appeals.
Her legal career also included a clerkship with Hon. Lynne A. Battaglia in the Court of Appeals for Maryland and internships with the Maryland WBA Foundation, the Food and Drug Administration, and Hon. Susan K. Gauvey’s office in the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland.
Prior to law school, Alicia owned a restaurant and bar in Long Beach, California, and worked as business development director for a prosthetics and orthotics manufacturer and for the Chesapeake Pain Center.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2014
- Editor in Chief, University of Baltimore Law Forum
- LAW Scholar, Torts
- Davidson College, B.A., 2001
District of Columbia
U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Hon. Lynne A. Battaglia, Court of Appeals for Maryland
- Member, Standing Committee on Paralegals, American Bar Association
- Member, Litigation Section, Maryland State Bar Association
- Treasurer, Equal Justice Associates, Maryland Legal Aid
- Member, Bench and Bar Liaison Committee, Maryland Federal Bar Association
- Secretary, Executive Committee, Board of Directors, Baltimore Animal Rescue & Care Shelter, Inc.
- Volunteer, Adelante Latina
- Obtained preliminary restraining orders on behalf of a corporate client against former employees, enjoining the employees from using stolen corporate trade secrets and preventing the former employees from soliciting clients and current employees on behalf of a competitor business.
- Represented a construction management and contracting firm in a lawsuit involving delay and acceleration claims that resulted in a settlement on the eve of trial.
- Represented a corporate client in a lawsuit involving allegations of violations of the Maryland Consumer Protection Act, Maryland Credit Services Business Act and allegations of fraud.
- Represented a telecommunications client in county board of appeals proceeding to protect its conditional use permit for construction of a new telecommunications facility.
Entrepreneurial Spirit, an Interview with Alicia Shelton
Maryland Bar Journal
Spring 2019 | In the news
Md. Legal Aid hosts launch party for Equal Justice Associates
The Daily Record
November 27, 2018 | In the news
The Daily Record Names Alicia Shelton a 2018 Leading Woman
October 05, 2018 | Press release
Legal nonprofit expands access to Maryland court data with system aimed at helping low-income clients
The Baltimore Sun
July 20, 2018 | In the news
The Spoliation Doctrine in Maryland
The Litigator, a publication of the Maryland State Bar Association
October 2017 | Publication
Perspectives on Predictive Coding and Other Advanced Search Methods for the Legal Practitioner
American Bar Association
December 09, 2016 | Publication
With ESI, difference between federal, state rules
The Daily Record
June 20, 2016 | Publication