Ezra B. Marcus
Ezra Marcus represents individuals and companies in criminal prosecutions, investigations, and complex civil litigation.
Ezra’s practice has spanned every phase of the criminal process, from investigation, bail, and discovery, to trial, sentencing and appeal. He has defended individuals facing criminal charges under OFAC regulations, federal campaign finance laws, and the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA). Ezra also advises entities seeking to comply with FARA’s requirements.
In his civil litigation practice, Ezra has recently helped a foreign entity facing civil RICO claims in the United States, a research firm accused of defamation, and hospitals challenging drastic reductions in Medicare reimbursements.
While in law school, Ezra served as Executive Director of Harvard’s Prison Legal Assistance Project, an organization dedicated to representing Massachusetts prisoners in their parole and disciplinary hearings. He also participated in the Veterans Law Clinic, helping clients obtain both federal and state veterans benefits.
Before law school, Ezra worked as an undergraduate admissions officer at Yale University.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2015
- Executive Director, Harvard Prison Legal Assistance Project
- Ames Moot Court Competition, Finalist
- Yale College, B.A., cum laude, 2010
District of Columbia
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- Hon. Ketanji Brown Jackson, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Hon. Jennifer Walker Elrod, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Member of the Zuckerman trial team that successfully defended former White House Counsel Gregory Craig in a lengthy investigation and trial of charges based on allegations of false statements arising from a Foreign Agents Registration Act inquiry. The jury returned a not guilty verdict in September 2019.
- Represented several hospitals and trade associations in judicial challenges related to the 340B drug discount program.
- Represented D.C. attorney facing professional discipline before the Board on Professional Responsibility and the D.C. Court of Appeals.
National Law Journal Names Zuckerman Spaeder a “D.C. Litigation Department of the Year”
May 28, 2020 | Press release
Bill Taylor and Bill Murphy Named “Criminal Defense Trial Lawyers of the Year” for Greg Craig Acquittal
January 30, 2020 | Press release
HHS Must 'Unscramble The Egg' On Billions In Drug Cuts
May 07, 2019 | In the news
Zuckerman Spaeder Clients Win Lawsuits to Stop Cuts and End Implementation Delay of Changes to the 340B Drug Pricing Program
January 03, 2019 | Press release