Kelsey J. Simmerson
Kelsey J. Simmerson is an associate in the Washington, DC office of Zuckerman Spaeder LLP.
Prior to joining the firm, Kelsey was a litigation associate at an international law firm in Washington, DC, where she represented clients in internal and government investigations. She previously served as a law clerk to the Honorable Jan E. DuBois of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Kelsey graduated magna cum laude from Cornell Law School, where she was a member of the Order of the Coif and Articles Editor for Cornell Law Review. While in law school, she was a judicial intern to the Honorable Paul L. Friedman of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and a legal intern at the Office of the General Counsel for the Smithsonian Institute.
- Cornell Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2017
- Order of the Coif
- Articles Editor, Cornell Law Review
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., magna cum laude, 2012
District of Columbia
- Hon. Jan E. DuBois, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Counseling a biotech company on anti-bribery and corruption risks in connection with the client's international operations.
- Represented the CFO of Eagle Bank in an investigation by the SEC into alleged misstatements in SEC disclosures. Obtained a declination after submitting our Wells response and meeting with leadership of the Enforcement Division.
- Successfully represented a high-profile athlete in responding to a temporary restraining order and in arbitration hearings.
- Represented an internationally famous psychiatrist and owner of neuropsychiatric instruments used in the diagnosis and treatment of serious mental health disorders, in defending against claims over his licensing rights to develop and commercialize digitized versions of his instruments.