Mamie V. Wise
Mamie V. Wise’s practice focuses on white collar criminal defense, defense of qui tam False Claims Act cases, commercial litigation, internal investigations, and food and drug law.
Mamie defends clients in qui tam whistleblower cases involving Medicare, Medicaid, and Tricare. Her clients have included individual physicians, physicians’ practices, executives, retail and compounding pharmacies, and medical device manufacturers.
She represents clients in federal and state courts, before various U.S. Attorneys’ Offices, in the Florida Supreme Court and other state courts, in multidistrict litigation, and before regulatory bodies such as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Before joining Zuckerman Spaeder, Mamie worked in the New York office of an international law firm.
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Duke University, A.B., cum laude, 2005
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Board of Directors, Federal Bar Association (Tampa Bay Chapter)
- Vice-President, Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers
- Member, Goldburg-Cacciatore Criminal Law Inn of Court
- Member, Florida Bar Grievance Committee 13F
- Past-President, Florida 4-H Foundation
- Defending a marketing company and individual under federal investigation related to marketing practices for compound pharmaceuticals.
- Won a motion to dismiss a False Claims Act case against a compounding pharmacy.
- Tried a week-long criminal jury trial in Florida Circuit Court.
- Obtained a settlement for a large regional medical practice in a qui tam whistle blower action related to Medicare billing.
- Represented executives of a major bank under investigation by two U.S. Attorney’s Offices, the SEC, and other federal agencies.
- Represented a for-profit educational institution under investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office related to federal financial aid policies.
- Settled a qui tam action under the False Claims Act on behalf of a large home health care provider relating to compliance with CMS requirements and Medicare billing.
- Represented the creator and manufacturer of a medical device in an FDA investigation.
- Defended a former officer of a major health care company in a qui tam action involving alleged violations of the False Claims Act.
- Spearheaded the review of an alleged union kickback scheme under federal labor laws.
- Represented a major international pharmaceutical company in federal and state products liability litigation for four pharmaceutical products.
Zuckerman Spaeder Associate Mamie Wise Named a Florida Association for Women Lawyers “2018 Leaders in the Law”
May 14, 2018
2017 Florida’s Children First Pro Bono Counsel of the Year
August 14, 2017
Kickback Suit Against Fla. Anesthesiologists Dismissed
June 15, 2017
Fla. Gov., AG Say State Atty's Removal Not Unconstitutional
April 27, 2017
Fla. High Court Won't Halt Cases After State Atty Removal
April 26, 2017
Ex-Judges, Prosecutors Back Fla. State Atty Over Removal
April 21, 2017
State Atty Asks Fla. High Court To Rule On Her Removal
April 13, 2017
Fla. State Atty Sues Gov. Over Removal From Homicide Cases
April 12, 2017