Marcus P. Smith
Marcus P. Smith’s practice focuses on representing individuals and corporations in complex civil disputes and government investigations.
Marcus joins Zuckerman Spaeder from the Office of the General Counsel at the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), where he served as Senior Attorney Advisor to the General Counsel.
At USAID, he acted as lead agency counsel in a variety of administrative proceedings and advised the general counsel regarding significant legal and policy issues facing the agency.
Prior to joining USAID, Marcus spent several years as a litigator at two prominent law firms, where he represented clients primarily in commercial litigation and FCPA-related investigations.
- Yale Law School, J.D., 2009
- Articles & Essays Editor, The Yale Law Journal
- Executive Editor, Yale Journal of Law & the Humanities
- Editor, Yale Law and Policy Review
- Stanford University, M.A., 2005
- Stanford University, B.A., 2004
District of Columbia
- Senior Attorney Advisor
- Office of the General Counsel