Michael R. Waxman
Michael R. Waxman is an associate in the New York office of Zuckerman Spaeder.
Before joining the firm, Michael worked as a staff attorney at the Brooklyn Defender Services, where he acquired extensive courtroom experience representing clients charged with felonies and misdemeanors as well as clients in family court accused of child neglect and abuse. He previously clerked for the Honorable Abdul K. Kallon of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama.
Michael graduated from Georgetown University Law Center, where he served as Editor for the Georgetown Journal on Poverty Law & Policy. While in law school, he was a student attorney for the Criminal Justice Clinic and a member of the Trial Advocacy Team. He also served as a legal intern for: the U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Special Litigation Section; the New York Civil Liberties Union; and the Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia.
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., magna cum laude, 2018
- Order of the Coif
- Editor, Georgetown Journal on Poverty Law & Policy
- Public Interest Legal Fellow
- Northwestern University, B.A., cum laude, 2011
- Hon. Abdul K. Kallon, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama