Zuckerman Spaeder LLP Hosts Ethics Seminar on Pro Bono Representations
On Thursday, April 30, Zuckerman Spaeder LLP will host the lunch seminar "Ethics in Pro Bono Representations." Partner Thomas B. Mason and associate Caroline E. Reynolds will discuss:
Commencing the Representation
- Threshold Questions: Who is the Client? What is the Scope of Representation?
- Communicating the Terms of Representation
- Confidentiality and Interested Non Client
- Multiple Clients
- Conflicts and Waivers
- Relationship with Referring Organization Bar Admission Issues
Conducting the Representation
- Duties of Competence & Diligence
- Client Decision Making Authority
- Communication: Obligation to Keep Client Informed
- Termination of the Representation
Registration will begin at 11:45a.m., with the seminar running from 12-1:30 p.m. Lunch will be provided.
There is no fee to attend, but space is limited. Please RSVP by email or by phone to 202.478.8498.
VA CLE Ethics Credit: 1.5 Ethics Hours Approved