Devon Galloway is an associate in the New York office of Zuckerman Spaeder.
Before joining the firm, Devon was law clerk to Magistrate Judge Gregory J. Kelly, United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Devon graduated from Columbia University School of Law in 2014, where he served as Notes Editor for the Columbia Journal of Race and Law. While in law school, Devon was an intern in the Bronx Defenders legal division, where he worked on issues pertaining to New York City’s use of its Nuisance Abatement Law in underrepresented communities. He also received an undergraduate degree in Political Science from Columbia University in 2010. Upon graduating from law school, Devon was an associate in the Orlando office of a national law firm.
- Columbia University School of Law, J.D. 2014
- Columbia Journal of Race and Law, Notes Editor
- Publication: The Numbers Matter: An Update to New York’s Prison Gerrymandering Reform, Columbia Journal of Race and Law (2014)
- Columbia University, B.A. 2010
- Dean’s List; Kluge Scholarship
- Columbia Daily Spectator, Copy Editor
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Magistrate Judge Gregory J. Kelly, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Pro Bono Resource Counsel, Families Against Mandatory Minimums
- Led multiple pro bono efforts to secure the compassionate release of terminally-ill federal prisoners.
- Represents a national pharmacy chain in defense of thousands of suits by state and local governments to recover costs alleged to have been caused by the shipment and dispensing of prescription opioids.
- Represents United insureds in a case challenging the legality of the internal guidelines it uses when adjudicating mental health and substance abuse claims. Following a highly publicized trial in 2017, the district court ruled that United breached its fiduciary duties when it developed its guidelines and that its denials pursuant to those guidelines were wrongful. The case is now in the remedy phase.
- Representing several hundred plaintiffs in civil actions pending in the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York against Arab Bank, plc; Credit Lyonnais, S.A.; National Westminster Bank; Cairo Amman Bank; Palestine Investment Bank; and Bank of Palestine. Plaintiffs allege that the banks violated the federal Anti-Terrorism Act and/or Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act by knowingly providing material support to the terrorist organization Hamas in connection with more than two dozen terrorist attacks perpetrated in Israel during the Second Intifada.
- Defending former executive of cryptocurrency platform in a class action alleging that he and other executives engaged in fraud and made negligent misrepresentations in directing investors to a virtual cryptocurrency exchange based in Italy.
Lawsuit Filed by Zuckerman Spaeder Includes New Challenge to United Behavioral Health’s Policy of “Bundling” Claims for Coverage of Facility-Based Treatment
November 05, 2021 | Press release
UnitedHealth Unit Stingy On Residential Treatment, Suit Says
November 05, 2021 | In the news
National Law Journal Names Zuckerman Spaeder to its 2021 Pro Bono Hotlist
October 28, 2021 | Press release
VIDEO: FAMM 30th Anniversary Program
September 21, 2021 | In the news
36 Zuckerman Spaeder Attorneys Recognized in 2022 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America; Two Partners Named “Lawyer of the Year”; Three Associates Recognized as “Ones to Watch”
August 19, 2021 | Press release
Crypto Developers Seek $701K Sanctions For 'Baseless' Suit
July 28, 2021 | In the news
Nano Buyer Withdraws Suit After Class Claims Fall Short
July 16, 2021 | In the news
Devon Galloway Receives NYSBA President’s Pro Bono Service Young Lawyer Award
May 18, 2021 | Press release
2021 DC Judicial and Bar Conference, Virtual Reality: How Covid-19 Has Reshaped the Legal Profession
April 22, 2021 | Speaking Engagement
How We Raised An Army: The Compassionate Release Clearinghouse COVID-19 Project
PBI Annual Conference
March 24, 2021 | Speaking Engagement
33 Zuckerman Spaeder Attorneys Recognized in 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America; Three Partners Named “Lawyer of the Year”; Two Associates Recognized as “Ones to Watch”
August 20, 2020 | Press release
Zuckerman Spaeder Secures Compassionate Release for Prisoner Who Faced Multiple Previous Denials of Release
June 18, 2020 | Press release
Zuckerman Spaeder Wins Compassionate Release Under the First Step Act
March 16, 2020 | Press release